EPF are the initials stands for “EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND”, also prominently known as PF. EPF is a scheme meant to provide regular income or good amount of fund which is provided to the employer on their retirement. In PF account employee as well employer deposits equal amount on monthly or certain time periods. “employees provident fund organization” or EPFO have also provided an facility of e-pass book so that employee can have a regular check on their fund status on regular basis, online.
What is an EPF e-passbook?
An e-passbook of an EPF account is a complete record of employee’s account of provident fund, where records of every transaction are done date-wise and systematically. This can be checked and considered online at any time by employee.
How to register online?
To attain e-passbook, it is mandatory to have proper registration with EPFO website. It can be done by following simple steps
- Login to the EPFO web portal member’s corner - http://members.epfoservices.in/
- Get a cursor click on the option “CLICK HERE TO REGISTER”, which is located below login corner.
- Clicking on register option, it will lead it further to registration page, where employee have to mention their mobile number as a mandatory information. Employees have to mention their some other mandatory information like bank account number, PAN card number, UID or Aadhar, national population registration, driving license, voter ID, ration card and passport number. After entering all above, unique number as well as employees name according to documents is required and finally six digit unique character texts is asked for allotting a pin of four digit on the mentioned mobile number.
- As the pin is sent to employees given mobile number, it should be entered PIN number in a box situated at bottom and have to click “I AGREE” option and finally click on “SUBMIT” button.
- Clicking the submit button completes the registration procedure, which is confirmed by receiving SMS on mobile.
This is how registration is done at member’s website of EPFO.
How to generate e-passbook?
After having successful completion of online registration, employee needs to create their e-passbook by getting login to their account through member login corner. Some of the following steps need to be followed:
Points to remember while using EPFO’s e-passbook facility:
- Employee is suppose to Log-in to their account by selecting given document and entering the valid document number along with mobile number which was mentioned earlier at the time of registration and then click on “SIGN IN” button.
- As soon as employee found them logged-in successfully, they can see their name at the right side of page. On this page one can edit their details and can download their e-passbook of EPF account as well.
- When option of “download E-passbook” is clicked, one can able to have selection of state according to the covered establishment.
- Clicking of state selecting option, EPFO is asked to choose. In case anyone is not aware about its EPFO office details, to which he/she belongs, they can go for search option to get particular details.
- Once the EPFO office selection is done, employee or account holder is asked to enter their EPF account numerals and then after their name as mentioned in the records of EPF details.
- Check out “Get PIN” option to attain PIN on the provided mobile as well as email. Page should not suppose to be closed till PIN is received on mobile via SMS.
- As the PIN is received, it is asked to enter the PIN for authorization under “ENTER AUTHORIZATION PIN” column, click on “I AGREE” option and finally check on “GET DETAILS”.
PDF download is offered to account holder.
Just one sole mobile number is allowed for each registration, but, mobile number or details can be edited subsequently.
- An individual details can only be viewed under particular establishment. If one wants to see his/her all EPF account details under single establishment then they have to transfer rest of all EPF accounts to another.
- Anyone can view up to ten EPF accounts under various establishments. Employees are facilitated to view their accounts as much as number of times they want to and even can transfer earlier EPF accounts into existing ones as well.
- No one can get into the details of inoperative accounts as well as settled EPF accounts.
- In case any of the employee has left their job before March 2012, and then he/she is not be able to access their online details. However, request can be made through website and details will be uploaded in few days of time.
- Mobile number, document number and document name are some mandatory details required to log-in for any account holder.
- Different documents can be used as multiple ID’s to register.
An e-passbook of EPFO account enables employees or account holders to manage their accounts efficiently and on regular basis. The efficiency of handling complaints and proper management leads to the success of this facility.